Based on the results of a study made recently, our hair grows with an average of 1 inch after a few months. Most of us can grow our hair for up to 6 inches per year. However, this number is not accurate since the growth rate of our hair varies in each type of person. Some people have hair that grows faster than normal naturally.
The hair growth can also be affected by some factors like an illness, bad nutrition or stress. Our hair also has its cycle. Our hair goes through a period of growing, a time of resting and finally a period of falling out one by one. This cycle goes as we continue to age.
In our first 20 years or more our hair goes through a period of constant growing which is why we always need to visit a barber to cut our hair once in a while. After we reach a certain old age, we begin to see our hair falling out one by one every day.
This is a natural process and is part of the aging process. However, if you get to experience sudden hair loss for no apparent reason, then you should go to a doctor to help you identify what your condition is.
These are the steps in how to stimulate your hair follicles:
1. Use hair oils every time you massage your scalp. You can use the combination of almond oil, coconut oil rosemary oil and any other type of hair oil that is good for your hair. These oils are exceptionally useful in stimulating more hair growth if you them in massaging your scalp.
2. Use nettle juice. Even though its effects are yet to be scientifically proven especially in growing your hair, many people are still using it as an excellent remedy for hair loss.
3. Always use a mild shampoo for your hair type. There are many types of shampoo available on the market. However, not all of them work for your hair. Clarifying shampoos, for example, are useful for removing any impurities, residues and excess oils on your scalp.
Use a clarifying shampoo on your to help clean your scalp by doing it once a week. Keep in mind though that you mustn’t use a clarifying shampoo as a regular shampoo because they are too strong for your hair to be regularly used, once in every week is already enough.
4. Mix vodka and cayenne pepper and then apply it to the scalp. Preparing this mixture is easy. You just have to mix 3 ounces of cayenne pepper into 1/5 of vodka and shake it well. Apply a small amount and rub it very gently. This mixture helps in stimulating your hair follicles. It is also useful for increasing the blood flow to tour scalp.
5. Take a supplement. B-complex vitamins like the B vitamin biotin are essential in stimulating the hair follicles and in the prevention of hair loss.
6. Be gentle when brushing your hair. Brush your hair with a mild stroke. Brushing your hair regularly not only stimulates your hair follicles but it also helps in promoting more blood flow to your scalp.